Escape Rooms have been around for over a decade across the world but within the past 3 years have recently begun to gain mainstream popularity across the United States. But are they just a fad or will they follow the same path as Laser Tag or other similar games? We spoke with guests and other escape rooms to pull together some interesting key data pieces about the state of the industry in the United States. Special thanks to King's Escape Room for information from their infographic!
- From a survey of 1,000 33.9% of respondents said they had never heard of an Escape Room before!
- 100% of respondents ages 18-24 loved their Escape Room experience.
- 50/50 there was no correlation between male/female on opinions of escape rooms.
- 84.9% of those who had visited an Escape Room in the past year "loved" their experience.
- There are over 2,300 escape rooms in the United States compared to 2,200 in Russia where the industry has been thriving.
There is no doubt that this industry will continue to grow at a staggering rate but all things must eventually slow down especially as others look to play in the same space and join the market. It is up to the customer to decide on what makes the most special experience and escape rooms to keep up and continue to provide that experience.
If you haven't tried an escape room yet what are you waiting for??